Saint Louis defeats La Salle 68-65Feb 7, 2010 - 12:10 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Kwamain Mitchell scored 25 points and Willie Reed added 21 to help Saint Louis defeat La Salle 68-65 on Saturday.
The Billikens (14-8, 5-3 Atlantic 10 Conference) trailed 65-63 with 2:12 left, and Reed's free throw pulled them within one with 1:50 to go.
Mitchell then put Saint Louis ahead 66-65 on two free throws with 55 seconds to play.
La Salle's Yves Mekongo missed a jumper and Steve Weingarten came down with the offensive rebound. Weingarten then had it stolen by Reed with 18 seconds left.
Mitchell hit two free throws with 17 seconds left for the final margin.
Saint Louis forced 14 Explorers' turnovers in the win.
Cody Ellis added 14 points as the Billikens snapped a two-game losing streak.
Jerrell Williams scored 21 points for La Salle (11-12, 3-6), but leading scorer Rodney Green (18.5 points per game) was held to just 10 points.
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3