Davidson defeats Georgia Southern 84-74Feb 7, 2010 - 2:48 AM DAVIDSON, N.C.(AP) -- J.P. Kuhlman scored a career-high 24 points to lead Davidson to an 84-74 victory over Georgia Southern on Saturday night.
Kuhlman was 10-for-14 from the free throw line and Jake Cohen added 18 points as the Wildcats (12-11, 7-4 Southern Conference) won their fourth straight game.
Davidson pulled away in the second half, pushing a five-point lead to 51-43 on Brendan McKillop's 3-pointer with 13:56 to play. Cohen followed with another 3 for a 54-43 advantage to 13:37 left.
Georgia Southern (6-19, 3-9), which is 0-14 on the road this season, cut the lead to 68-62 on Rory Spencer's jumper with 6:19 left, but Davidson scored the next four points and the Eagles didn't threaten again.
McKillop finished with 15 points and Will Archambault added 12 for Davidson.
Willie Powers scored 23 points, Spencer had 18 and Colby Wohlleb added 14 for Georgia Southern.
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7