Glenn's 27 lead IUPUI past Western Illinois 70-42Feb 7, 2010 - 2:58 AM MACOMB, Ill(AP) -- Robert Glenn scored 27 points and Alex Young 20 as IUPUI routed Western Illinois 70-42 on Saturday night.
Glenn shot 8-for-10 from the floor and 11-for-14 from the line for the Jaguars (17-8, 10-2 Summit League), who have won seven of their last eight.
Young shot 8-for-11, including two 3-pointers. Leroy Nobles added 10 points, and John Ashworth had a game-high 10 assists.
David Nurse scored 17 points for the Leathernecks (9-14, 2-10).
IUPUI never trailed. The Jaguars led 34-20 at halftime, scored the first eight points of the second half to go up 42-20 and enjoyed their largest lead at 65-29 on Glenn's basket with 6:18 to play.
IUPUI has won 22 of the last 23 meetings between the schools, including a 67-54 victory Jan. 9.
The Jaguars shot 59.5 percent and remained undefeated this season when shooting at least 50 percent (12-0) and leading at halftime (14-0).
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- No. 5 Michigan stomps IUPUI Nov 13
- Wolverines take on Jaguars in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 12
- Callahan lifts South Dakota State over Western Illinois in OT Mar 7
- Leathernecks and Jackrabbits seek Summit League championship Mar 6
- No. 5 Louisville has easy time with IUPUI Dec 8
- Jags and Cards mix it up in Louisville Dec 7
- Michigan holds off Western Illinois Nov 18
- Leathernecks seek upset of 17th-ranked Wolverines Nov 17
- San Diego State hangs on to down IUPUI Dec 23
- Sullinger leads No. 2 Ohio State over IUPUI Dec 9
- Leonard leads Aztecs past IUPUI Nov 21