Western Michigan rallies past Bowling Green 65-64Feb 6, 2010 - 9:42 PM KALAMAZOO, Mich.(AP) -- David Kool's layup with 4 seconds to play gave Western Michigan a 65-64 victory over Bowling Green on Saturday.
Kool finished with 23 points for the Broncos (13-10, 5-5 Mid-American). He scored their final seven points. A 3-pointer with 4:03 to play ended a 16-2 run and put Western Michigan ahead 61-58. Scott Thomas made a pair of free throws for Bowling Green (11-11, 4-6) and Otis Polk's layup with 2:06 to play put the Falcons back in front, 62-61.
Polk scored again with 17 seconds left for a 64-61 lead, but Kool answered five seconds later to cut it back to one point, then a Bowling Green turnover led to Kool's winning basket.
Bowling Green led 56-45 with 8:34 to play before Western Michigan came back.
Flenard Whitfield had 10 points for the Broncos. Thomas and Polk led the Falcons with 14 points.
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 64
WESTRN MICHIGAN 65 FINAL
Feb 6 3:57 PM
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 32
WESTRN MICHIGAN 30 HALFTIME
Feb 6 2:53 PM
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Missouri tops Western Michigan, extends home streak Dec 15
- Tigers hope to continue perfect run against visiting Broncos Dec 15
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22