Oregon State defeats Oregon 62-42Feb 7, 2010 - 1:23 AM CORVALLIS, Ore.(AP) -- Oregon State outscored Oregon 30-17 in the second half to run away with a 62-42 victory on Saturday.
Omari Johnson had a season-high 18 points for Oregon State (10-12, 4-6 Pac-10), 16 in the first half.
Malcolm Armstead and Matt Humphrey had 10 points each for Oregon (12-10, 4-6).
At 333 games, the hardwood version of the Civil War is the most contested rivalry in Division I men's basketball history. Oregon State leads the all-time series 183-150.
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29