Texas-Arlington edges Northwestern State 81-80Feb 7, 2010 - 4:14 AM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Marquez Haynes hit a 12-foot jump shot with 4.3 seconds remaining to give Texas-Arlington an 81-80 comeback victory over Northwestern State on Saturday night.
The Mavericks (12-9, 4-4 Southland) trailed by one with 10.3 seconds remaining but the Demons' Devon Baker missed two free throws to set up Haynes' final play. The senior drove the length of the court made a move to the right and hit the 12-footer over the outstretched arm of Dominic Knight.
Baker had a chance to win the game for the Demons (7-14, 2-6) but his desperation three-pointer missed, and Arlington won its fourth straight game.
Haynes finished with 32 points and eclipsed the 1,000-point mark for his career. He became just the second player in Arlington history to reach that milestone in two years.
Will Pratt led Northwestern State with 16 points.
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 80
TEXAS ARLINGTON 81 FINAL
Feb 6 10:16 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 39
TEXAS ARLINGTON 34 HALFTIME
Feb 6 8:56 PM
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19