Missouri steams past Colorado 84-66Feb 6, 2010 - 11:26 PM BOULDER, Colo.(AP) -- Marcus Denmon scored a career-high 22 points, Kim English had 21 points and Missouri routed Colorado 84-66 on Saturday.
The Tigers (17-6, 5-3 Big 12) led 42-39 at the break before pulling away early in the second half.
Ahead 43-33, they went on a 14-4 run aided by consecutive 3-pointers from Denmon and English that pushed the lead to 57-37 with 14:40 to go.
Missouri led by 23 before Colorado (11-12, 2-7), coming off a 72-66 overtime loss to No. 1 Kansas on Wednesday, cut it to 66-53 with 6:18 left. The Buffaloes got no closer the rest of the way.
Alec Burks scored 24 points, also a career-high, and Cory Higgins added 15 for the Buffaloes.
Colorado coach Jeff Bzdelik paced the sidelines with a heavy heart. His mother, Ruth, passed away Thursday. He left immediately after the game to catch a flight to Chicago.
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Anglin scores 20, Northern Colorado tops Montana State 78-76 Jan 16
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29