North Carolina A&T tops Delaware State 65-54Feb 7, 2010 - 1:16 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Robert Johnson shot 6-for-6 from the field and scored 17 points to lead North Carolina A&T to a 65-54 win over Delaware State on Saturday.
Dwane Joshua added 16 points for the Aggies (8-15, 4-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), while Thomas Coleman chipped in with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Marcus Neal finished with 16 points on 6 of 17 shooting for the Hornets (11-9, 6-3), and Marques Oliver grabbed 10 rebounds. Delaware State saw a three-game winning streak snapped with the loss.
North Carolina A&T shot 56.1 percent from the field (23-for-41), including 57.1 percent from 3-point range (8-for-14).
Delaware State shot 36.5 percent from the field (23-for-63) and shot 21.4 percent from beyond the arc (6-for-28).
The Aggies outrebounded Delaware State 37-31.
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21