N.C.-Asheville 62, Coastal Carolina 98Feb 7, 2010 - 12:42 AM CONWAY, S.C. (AP) -- Joseph Harris had 24 points and nine rebounds and Coastal Carolina cruised to a 98-62 win over North Carolina-Asheville on Saturday to continue the Chanticleers' best start in school history.
Coastal Carolina used a 22-2 run to break the game open at 36-12 with 6:53 left in the first half en route to a 51-25 halftime lead. The Chanticleers swept the season series, having won 58-57 on Jan. 7.
Coastal Carolina (21-4, 11-2 Big South Conference) has won five of its last six games and remains two games ahead of Winthrop and 2 1/2 ahead of Radford in the conference standings.
Kierre Greenwood added 16 for the Chanticleers.
Chris Stephenson scored 15 to lead the Bulldogs (10-14, 7-6), who have lost two in a row after winning seven straight.
John Williams blocked a Coastal Carolina shot in the first half to become UNC Asheville's all-time career leader with 191 blocks.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 62
COASTL CAROLINA 98 FINAL
Feb 6 6:36 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 25
COASTL CAROLINA 51 HALFTIME
Feb 6 5:29 PM
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8