Denver fends off Florida Atlantic 73-63Feb 7, 2010 - 2:33 AM DENVER(AP) -- Nate Rohnert scored 25 points and grabbed eight rebounds as Denver defeated Florida Atlantic 73-63 on Saturday.
Rohnert was 7-for-10 from the field and made 10 of 13 shots from the line for the Pioneers (14-9, 7-5 Sun Belt).
Denver was up 37-29 at halftime, but the Owls (12-12, 8-5) cut the lead to just six points with about two minutes left.
Rohnert then went on a 6-0 run to put the game away. Chase Hallam added 11 points for Denver.
Raymond Taylor led the Owls by scoring 20 points while Alex Tucker added 13 points and Brett Royster had 11.
The loss ended a five-game winning streak for the Owls.
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 11 North Carolina routs Florida International Nov 11