Norfolk State defeats Maryland-Eastern Shore 64-62Feb 6, 2010 - 10:55 PM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Michael Deloach scored on a jump shot with 3 seconds left and Norfolk State defeated Maryland-Eastern Shore 64-62 on Saturday.
Tim Burns put Maryland-Eastern Shore (6-16, 4-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) ahead 62-60 with 1:28 left. Burns was then hit with two technical fouls, and Norfolk State's Rob Hampton received one with 1:04 left.
Kevin White missed a 3 for the Hawks with 57 seconds left, and Kyle O'Quinn's layup tied the game at 62 seven seconds later.
Neal Pitt missed a jump shot with one second remaining as the Hawks lost their second straight.
O'Quinn scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Spartans (5-16, 4-5) and Hampton added 12 points. Norfolk State won its second straight.
Burns paced the Hawks with 15 points, Tyler Hines added 12 and Hillary Haley chipped in 10 points.
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 71
NORFOLK ST 80 FINAL
Feb 6 4:04 PM
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 34
NORFOLK ST 26 HALFTIME
Feb 6 2:53 PM
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16