Kent St. 68, Cent. Michigan 63Feb 7, 2010 - 5:02 AM PLEASANT, Mich. (AP) -- Justin Greene scored 22 points as Kent State defeated Central Michigan, 68-63, to stay in first place in the Mid-American Conference on Saturday night.
With 12:54 remaining in the game Jordan Bitzer hit a 3-pointer that gave Central Michigan (11-10, 6-3) their largest lead of the game, 48-39. The Golden Flashes (17-7, 8-2) responded with a 13-0 run to take a 52-48 lead with 8-minutes remaining.
Chris Singletary was 7 of 9 from the floor with 19 points, and game-highs with six assists and six rebounds for Kent State.
Bitzer led the Chippewas with 19 points. He made 4 of 13 from 3-point range. Jalin Thomas had 12 points and Antonio Weary added 10.
The Golden Flashes are currently on a seven-game winning streak and now have a 1 1/2 game lead in the MAC.
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29
- Keno Davis lands at Central Michigan Apr 3
- Central Michigan fires head coach Ernie Zeigler Mar 14
- Kent State visits West Virginia in early morning clash Nov 15
- Akron wins MAC crown over Kent State in OT Mar 12
- Zeigler signs new contract with Central Michigan Apr 13
- Geno Ford gets 2-year extension at Kent State Apr 2