Harvard beats Penn 80-66Feb 7, 2010 - 3:57 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Jeremy Lin scored 19 points to pace Harvard in an 80-66 win over Penn on Saturday night.
Lin also added six assists, five steals and three blocks for the Crimson (15-5, 4-2 Ivy League), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Oliver McNally added 14 points for Harvard.
The Crimson led 41-32 at halftime, and a 7-0 run in the second half gave Harvard a 48-35 advantage with 15:22 remaining. Kyle Casey's layup with 9:08 remaining capped a separate 7-1 run and gave the Crimson their largest lead of the game at 62-45.
The Quakers responded with an 11-0 run to cut the lead to 62-56 with 4:58 left, but would get no closer the rest of the way.
Dan Monckton scored a career-high 19 points off the bench and grabbed eight rebounds to pace Penn (3-15, 2-2), which had its two-game winning streak snapped.
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21