S.C.-Upstate beats Kennesaw State 68-64Feb 7, 2010 - 3:49 AM KENNESAW, Ga.(AP) -- Carter Cook scored 15 points to lead South Carolina-Upstate to a 68-64 win over Kennesaw State on Saturday night.
Ryan LeGates added 12 points and eight rebounds for the Spartans (4-18, 4-9 Atlantic Sun Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
The game was tied at 60 with 3 minutes remaining, but the Spartans used a 6-1 run to take a 66-61 lead with 26 seconds left. The Owls scored three straight points to cut the lead to two, but Josh Chavis nailed two free throws to make the score 68-64 with seven seconds left.
The Spartans shot 48.3 percent from field in the second half (14-for-29), while the Owls shot 39.4 percent in the second period (13-for-33).
Kurtis Woods scored 19 points to pace the Owls (12-13, 7-7). Cummings added 16 points, while LaDaris Green grabbed 10 rebounds.
SC-Upstate outrebounded Kennesaw State 41-36.
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Strong second half lifts Maryland over USC Upstate Dec 13
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Spartans Dec 13
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19