Sam Houston State defeats Central Arkansas 75-70Feb 7, 2010 - 3:26 AM HUNTSVILLE, Texas(AP) -- Gilberto Clavell had 15 points as five Sam Houston State players scored in double figures in a 75-70 victory against Central Arkansas on Saturday night.
Corey Allmond and Preston Brown added 13 points each, Antuan Brown 12 and Josten Crow 11 for the Bearkats (16-5, 8-0 Southland Conference), who won their eighth straight game.
Chris Poellnitz had 31 points and made five 3-pointers for Central Arkansas (7-16, 1-8).
The Bears kept the game close with solid 3-point shooting, as they made 10 of 20 attempts from beyond the arc. But after Lance Pevehouse converted a layup to give Sam Houston State a 48-47 lead with 13:52 remaining, the Bearkats never trailed.
- Sam Houston State beats St. Thomas (Texas) 114-92 Nov 17
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Top-ranked Indiana blasts Sam Houston State Nov 15
- Bearkats come north seeking upset of top-ranked Hoosiers Nov 15
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29
- Central Arkansas seeks upset of No. 19 UNLV Dec 28