Nicholls St. 46, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 71Feb 7, 2010 - 4:05 AM CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) -- Demond Watt scored 17 points as Texas A&M-CC defeated Nicholls State, 71-46, in Southland Conference play on Saturday night.
The Islanders (12-10, 6-2) were leading 16-13 in the first and went on a 17-0 run to take a 31-13 lead. Over the 6:46 minute stretch that the Colonels (7-15, 3-6) were held scoreless they turned the ball over four times and went 0 for 5 from the floor.
The Islanders made 23 of 37 (62.2 percent) from the floor. Watt made 6 of 7 from the floor. Terrance Jones had 13 points and made 3 of 6 from 3. Marcus Hammonds added 11 points and made 3 of 4 from beyond the arc. As a team the Islanders made 8 of 13 (61.5 percent) from 3-point range.
Anatoly Bose lead the Colonels with 11 points. He was coming off a 38-point performance on Wednesday against Stephen F. Austin, where he made 6 of 12 from 3. Tonight he was 0 for 5 from long range.
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Appling, Michigan State rout Nicholls State Dec 1
- Colonels come north seeking upset of 13th-ranked Spartans Dec 1
- No. 14 Missouri cruises past Nicholls State Nov 17
- Colonels come calling on 14th-ranked Tigers Nov 16
- North Carolina handles Nicholls State Dec 19
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with Tar Heels Dec 19