Arkansas State pulls away from New Orleans 66-52Feb 7, 2010 - 3:41 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Brandon Peterson scored 16 points and Martavius Adams had 13 points and 13 rebounds as Arkansas State defeated New Orleans 66-52 on Saturday night to retain first place in the Sun Belt Conference's West Division.
The Red Wolves (14-9, 9-3) used a 13-3 run over the final 4:23 to pull away from the Privateers (7-17, 2-11).
That run coincided with Arkansas State taking better care of the ball. The Red Wolves turned it over 13 times in the first 13:40 of the second half, as the Privateers stayed close despite shooting 22.2 percent (6-for-27) in the half to Arkansas State's 61.1 percent (11-for-18).
The Red Wolves had no turnovers in the final 6:20.
Neither team led by more than three points in the first half until Arkansas State used an 8-0 run to lead 28-21 with 2:55 left.
Carl Blair, with 23 points, was the only New Orleans scorer in double figures.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Kuric, Louisville win big over Arkansas State Nov 22
- Red Wolves pay visit to seventh-ranked Cardinals Nov 22
- Memphis survives Arkansas State in OT Dec 2
- Western Kentucky rallies late for 65-64 victory Mar 7
- Arkansas State defeats Arkansas-Little Rock 89-82 Mar 7