Dyson leads UConn to 64-57 win over DePaulFeb 7, 2010 - 3:16 AM By PAT EATON-ROBB Associated Press Writer
STORRS, Conn.(AP) -- Jerome Dyson scored 20 points and Connecticut snapped a three-game losing streak by defeating DePaul 64-57 on Saturday night.
Stanley Robinson added 10 points and seven rebounds for the Huskies (14-9, 4-6 Big East), who improved to 3-3 while coach Jim Calhoun has been out on a doctor-ordered leave of absence.
Will Walker hit 6 of 9 from 3-point range and scored 24 points to lead DePaul (8-15, 1-10), which came back from a nine-point second-half deficit, but could not hold a 52-51 lead with less than 6 minutes to play.
Mac Koshwal had 12 points for the Blue Demons, who lost their fifth consecutive game and fell to 1-8 since replacing coach Jerry Wainwright with Tracy Webster.
- NCAA BB
CONNECTICUT 64 FINAL
Feb 6 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DEPAUL 27 27
CONNECTICUT 34 34 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
DEPAUL - MAC KOSHWAL 8, MICHAEL BIZOUKAS 7,
WILL WALKER 7
CONNECTICUT - JEROME DYSON 8, FOUR PLAYERS WITH 6
Feb 6 8:56 PM
- UConn adds New York guard to 2016-17 recruiting class May 18
- UConn to spend $10 million for new roof at Gampel Pavilion Mar 30
- Ellis, Kansas take another swing at unfriendly 2nd round Mar 18
- Ollie and 0: UConn's coach is 7 for 7 in NCAA Tourney games Mar 18
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- UConn basketball APR not perfect, but well within guidelines Feb 18
- No. 23 UConn falls to Temple 55-53 on Brown's jumper Jan 5
- UConn C Amida Brimah out with broken finger Dec 22
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- Basketball graduation rate at UConn at 20 percent, improving Nov 4
- UConn preview capsule Oct 27