Morehead State defeats Tennessee Tech 84-75Feb 7, 2010 - 4:25 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Kenneth Faried had 26 points and 17 rebounds for his 18th double-double of the season and ninth straight while leading Morehead State to an 84-75 win over Tennessee Tech on Saturday night.
The Eagles (17-7, 11-2 Ohio Valley Conference) swept the season series to win their second game in a row and 13th of their last 14.
Morehead State used a 12-0 run to rally from a 23-18 first-half deficit and led 34-32 at halftime.
The second half was tied five times, the last at 45, then the Eagles went on a 13-5 run.
Tennessee Tech (12-12, 6-7) got within 73-70 with 3:12 left, but had three players foul out in the last 3:28 as Morehead State pulled away.
Steve Peterson added 20 points and Demonte Harper had 17 for the Eagles, who shot 51.9 percent from the field (27-for-52).
Jud Dillard led Tennessee Tech with 25 points and 12 rebounds and Frank Davis scored 21.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22