Lamar sneaks past Stephen F. Austin 49-46Feb 7, 2010 - 3:40 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Justin Nabors grabbed a double-double, scoring 12 points and pulling down 10 rebounds, to lead Lamar to a 49-46 win over Stephen F. Austin on Saturday night.
Miles Anthony, who finished with seven points, made the go-ahead jumper with 42 seconds left to put the Cardinals (13-11, 5-4 Southland) up 47-46.
Nabors was then fouled with 24 seconds to go and put in a pair of free throws to strengthen the lead.
Walt Harris and Eric Bell each tried to tie it for the Lumberjacks (16-6, 6-3) with 3-point attempts before the buzzer, but both missed.
Harris finished with 18 points and Jereal Scott added 14.
It was Nabors' 12th double-double of the season. It was also the first time Lamar won a game scoring less than 50 points since Feb. 26, 1990, when the team beat McNeese State 48-47.
- NCAA BB
LAMAR 49 FINAL
Feb 6 9:49 PM
- NCAA BB
LAMAR 17 HALFTIME
Feb 6 8:46 PM
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23