Missouri State easily defeats Creighton 70-52Feb 7, 2010 - 3:28 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Will Creekmore scored 13 points and Justin Fuehrmeyer had 12 as Missouri State ended an eight-game losing streak to Creighton with a 70-52 victory Saturday night.
Kyle Weems and Adam Leonard each added 11 points for the Bears (16-8, 6-7 Missouri Valley), who never trailed and led by as many as 14 in the first half and 28 in the second.
Kenny Lawson Jr. scored 15 points for the Bluejays (12-12, 7-6), who shot just 35.8 percent and matched their season low for points.
Missouri State led by 11 at halftime then put the game away by starting the second half with a 23-6 run for a 58-30 lead with 8:59 to play. Creighton didn't get closer than 17 the rest of the game.
The Bears outscored the Bluejays in the paint 42-26 and outrebounded them 40-27.
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- Butler slips past Creighton Feb 17
- Bluejays and Bulldogs meet in Big East brawl Feb 16
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15