South Dakota State defeats UMKC 78-57Feb 7, 2010 - 4:01 AM BROOKINGS, S.D.(AP) -- Clint Sargent scored 18 points and Griffan Callahan added 14 to lead South Dakota State to a 78-57 victory against UMKC on Saturday night.
Garrett Callahan had 12 points and Anthony Cordova 11 for the Jackrabbits (13-11, 9-4 Summit League).
Jay Couisnard scored 20 points and had six rebounds for UMKC (10-13, 4-8), which shot just 25 percent from the floor (6 of 24) in the second half.
A 12-2 run gave South Dakota State a 54-34 lead with 11:40 remaining. The Kangaroos got no closer than nine points the rest of the way.
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops South Dakota St. Dec 28
- Jackrabbits come calling on 23rd-ranked Panthers Dec 28
- No. 14 Utah tops South Dakota State Dec 24