Young, Gibson lead New Mexico State to 94-82 winFeb 7, 2010 - 4:41 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- New Mexico State's backcourt of Jahmar Young and Jonathan Gibson combined for 45 points and 10 assists Saturday as the Aggies defeated San Jose State 94-82.
Young had 25 points and Gibson 20 while each had five assists for New Mexico State (14-8, 7-2 Western Athletic). Troy Gillenwater added 19 and 11 rebounds, and Hamidu Rahman had 11 points and 13 rebounds.
Robert Owens became the third player in San Jose State history with seven 3-pointers in a game, finishing with 29 points. Adrian Oliver added 22 for the Spartans (12-11, 5-6), and Chris Oakes had 14 points and 10 rebounds.
Both teams shot well from 3-point range. New Mexico State hit 10 of 20 from beyond the arc, while San Jose State was 11 for 23.
The Aggies' biggest advantage came at the free-throw line, where they hit 18 of 24 shots compared to 9 of 14 for the Spartans.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Wichita State rolls past New Mexico State Nov 15
- Aggies open season at 11th-ranked Shockers Nov 14