Weber St. 75, Montana St. 71Feb 7, 2010 - 6:32 AM BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) -- Damian Lillard scored a game-high 25 points, including two clinching free throws with 3.4 seconds to play, as first-place Weber State held on for a 75-71 Big Sky Conference victory over Montana State on Saturday night.
Montana State's Marquise Navarre missed two foul shots with 4.1 seconds to play that could have tied the game, he missed the second on intentionally.
Navarre gave the Bobcats (12-11 overall, 7-5) a chance by making two baskets in the last 1:03, including a driving layup at 13.2 to cut the Weber State (15-8, 9-2) lead to 72-71.
The Wildcats only trailed once, led by as many as 13 points in the first half were up 41-33 at halftime.
Franklin Session had 14 points and Trevor Morris added 11 for Weber State.
Bobby Howard led the Bobcats with 25 points and nine rebounds. Navarre had 16 points and Erik Rush added 13.
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 75
MONTANA ST 71 FINAL
Feb 6 11:06 PM
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 41
MONTANA ST 33 HALFTIME
Feb 6 9:52 PM
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17