Utah State defeats Nevada, 76-65Feb 7, 2010 - 5:20 AM LOGAN, Utah(AP) -- Tai Wesley scored 19 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Utah State defeated Nevada 76-65 on Saturday night.
Pooh Williams had 16 for USU (18-6, 8-2 Western Athletic Conference), while Brady Jardine added 13 and Jared Quayle 12.
Luke Babbitt led Nevada (13-9, 5-4 WAC) with 20 points and nine rebounds. Armon Johnson had 19 and Joey Shaw 14.
USU took a four-point halftime lead and extended to 58-44 with 8:10 to play after Wesley scored four consecutive inside shots and Jardine followed up two missed shots for rebound buckets. Nevada got as close as 69-62 after Shaw hit a 3-point shot, but could not slow USU in the closing minutes.
USU grabbed 21 offensive rebounds in the game, 12 in the second half, while the Wolf Pack only had six offensive boards in the second half. USU also managed the ball well, with 18 assists and only four turnovers.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2