Idaho beats Boise State 79-55Feb 7, 2010 - 4:32 AM BOISE, Idaho(AP) -- Luciano de Souza tied a career high with 16 points and Kashif Watson added 12 as Idaho cruised to a 79-55 victory over in-state rival Boise State on Saturday night.
The Vandals (11-11, 3-7 Western Athletic) built a big lead early, leading by as many as 26 points in the final minute of the first half and never looked back in beating the Broncos for the second straight year in Boise.
The win also avenged a 77-66 overtime loss to the Broncos (11-12, 2-8) in Moscow two weeks ago.
All of de Souza's points came in the first half as the sophomore hit four 3-pointers during a seven-minute span. The Vandals went on a 25-3 run during that span.
Idaho shot 56 percent from the floor and made 50 percent of their 3-pointers.
The Broncos were led by Daequon Montreal, who scored 16 points. Boise State shot 45 percent from the floor but had 19 turnovers and made just 4-14 from behind the 3-point line.
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Kaminsky lifts No. 3 Wisconsin over Boise State Nov 23