UC Santa Barbara defeats UC Davis 81-77Feb 7, 2010 - 5:25 AM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- James Nunnally had 24 points, six rebounds and four assists as UC Santa Barbara posted an 81-77 victory over UC Davis on Saturday night.
Orlando Johnson had 15 points and Jordan Weiner and Will Brew Jr. 11 points each for the Gauchos (13-8, 8-3 Big West), who shot 11 for 17 behind the 3-point arc.
Joe Harden had 19 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists for the Aggies (9-13, 5-5). Dominic Calegari had 20 points, and Mark Payne added 18 points and six assists.
UC Davis trailed by 19 points with 3:36 remaining in the second half before a 19-4 run cut the Gauchos' lead to 76-72. In the last 20 seconds, Nunnally made two free throws, Weiner scored after a steal, and Johnson made a free throw to seal the win for UC Santa Barbara.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3
- San Diego State handles UC Santa Barbara Dec 7
- No. 17 Aztecs play host to Gauchos Dec 6
- Long Beach State downs UCSB for Big West title Mar 11
- Gauchos greet 49ers in Big West title game Mar 10
- Rebels down UCSB in double overtime Dec 1
- No. 18 UNLV pays visit to UC Santa Barbara Nov 30
- Florida has little trouble dumping UC Santa Barbara Mar 18