Samhan leads Saint Mary's past San Francisco 73-57Feb 7, 2010 - 6:15 AM MORAGA, Calif.(AP) -- Omar Samhan had 24 points, 10 rebounds and seven blocks and Saint Mary's beat San Francisco 73-57 Saturday night to move into first place in the West Coast Conference.
Clint Steindl added 12 points for the Gaels (21-7, 8-1), who moved half a game ahead of No. 17 Gonzaga.
Dior Lowhorn scored a game-high 25 points and added eight rebounds for San Francisco (9-15, 4-5).
Samhan, the conference's leading scorer and rebounder, hit 10-of-20 shots from the floor before fouling out with 3:46 to play. He became just the second player in Saint Mary's history to reach 1,000 career rebounds and moved within six blocks of tying Diamon Simpson's school record.
Gonzaga (7-1 in conference) beat Memphis 66-58 in a non-conference game earlier Saturday and will host Saint Mary's on Thursday.
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Gonzaga rallies to down San Francisco Mar 8
- Dons challenge Zags in WCC Tournament action Mar 7
- Gonzaga comes alive late to top Saint Mary's Feb 22
- Zags seek multiple milestones in WCC showdown with Gaels Feb 21
- Gonzaga holds off San Francisco Feb 8
- No. 3 Gonzaga pulls away to rout St. Mary's Jan 23
- Gaels and Zags square off in pivotal WCC clash Jan 22
- No. 6 Gonzaga cruises past San Francisco Jan 9
- San Francisco hits road seeking upset of No. 6 Gonzaga Jan 8