Pacific overtakes Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 67-61Feb 7, 2010 - 5:33 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Demetrece Young had a game-high 18 points and six assists to lead Pacific to a 67-61 victory over Cal Poly San Luis Obispo on Saturday night.
The Tigers (15-7, 8-2) remained alone atop the Big West Conference by starting strong in each half. Pacific built a 15-point lead midway through the second period and cruised comfortably to the finish.
Terrell Smith added 10 points and a game-high nine rebounds for Pacific, which shot 49 percent from the field while its league-leading defense limited Cal Poly to 39 percent shooting.
Shawn Lewis scored 16 points to lead the Mustangs (8-14, 5-5). Lorenzo Keeler had 13 points, eight rebounds and five assists for Cal Poly and David Hanson had 10 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19