Siena defeats Fairfield 69-67Feb 9, 2010 - 2:51 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Edwin Ubiles scored 18 points to lead Siena to a 69-67 win over Fairfield on Monday night.
Ryan Rossiter added 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Saints (21-4, 14-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Association), who have won 15 games in a row.
A 6-0 run to end the first half gave the Saints a 36-28 lead at halftime. Fairfield cut the lead to one twice in the second half, but was never able to take the lead. The Stags trailed by five points with 6 seconds left, and Derek Needham hit a 3-pointer with 4 seconds remaining for the final score.
Needham scored 26 points to lead Fairfield (16-8, 9-5). Sean Crawford added 15 points, shooting 4-for-9 from 3-point range.
Siena outscored Fairfield 34-20 in the paint and outscored the Stags 16-6 on second-chance points.
- NCAA BB
SIENA 69 FINAL
Feb 8 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
SIENA 36 HALFTIME
Feb 8 7:58 PM
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- No. 4 Duke reaches triple digits in rout of Fairfield Nov 15
- No. 4 Duke gets right back to work against Fairfield Nov 15
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Harrell lifts Louisville over Fairfield Nov 23