New Mexico State edges Louisiana Tech 70-68Feb 9, 2010 - 4:50 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- Hernst Laroche hit a jumper from the free throw line with 1.1 seconds left to lift New Mexico State to a 70-68 victory over Louisiana Tech on Monday night.
With the game tied at 68, Aggies guard Jahmar Young missed a jumper from the top of the key, but the rebound found its way to Laroche, who hit a 15-footer from straight away.
With the victory, New Mexico State (15-8, 8-2 Western Athletic) kept pace with Utah State atop the conference standings and swept the season series with the Bulldogs (19-5, 7-3).
After trailing by 17 with under 10 minutes to play, Louisiana Tech tied the game at 68-68 on back-to-back 3-pointers from Jamel Guyton. The second came with 35.5 seconds left to play.
Young led the Aggies with 20 points and Troy Gillenwater added 19.
Magnum Rolle led Louisiana Tech with 18 points.
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 68
NEW MEXICO ST 70 FINAL
Feb 8 11:08 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 33
NEW MEXICO ST 33 HALFTIME
Feb 8 9:54 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Wichita State rolls past New Mexico State Nov 15
- Aggies open season at 11th-ranked Shockers Nov 14
- San Diego St. survives New Mexico St. in OT Mar 21