Tennessee-Martin defeats SE Missouri 73-70Feb 10, 2010 - 4:30 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- Marquis Weddle scored 15 points to lead Tennessee-Martin to a 73-70 victory over Southeast Missouri on Tuesday night.
Andres Irarrazabal added 14 points for the Skyhawks (4-19, 1-12 Ohio Valley Conference), who shot 55.6 percent on 3-pointers (5-for-9) to break a three-game losing streak.
Irarrazabal's layup gave Tennessee-Martin a 65-64 lead with 2:42 left and Weddle followed with a 3-pointer for a 68-64 advantage with 1:59 to play.
Southeast Missouri's Anthony Allison cut the deficit to 68-66 on a layup with 44 seconds left, but the Skyhawks hit five free throws in the final 35 seconds to seal it.
Tennessee-Martin gained a split in the season series.
Reuben Clayton added 12 points and seven assists for the Skyhawks.
Allison finished with 18, Marland Smith had 17 and Sam Pearson scored 11 points and had eight assists for Southeast Missouri (7-17, 3-10).
- NCAA BB
SE MISSOURI 70
UT MARTIN 73 FINAL
Feb 9 9:56 PM
- NCAA BB
SE MISSOURI 38
UT MARTIN 31 HALFTIME
Feb 9 8:46 PM
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Murray State takes care of Redhawks Feb 16