Ohio eases past Western Michigan 90-74Feb 10, 2010 - 2:39 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Tommy Freeman scored a career-high 30 points and tied a career-best with six 3-pointers, leading Ohio past Western Michigan 90-74 on Tuesday night.
Armon Bassett added 21 points, including five 3s, and a career-high nine assists for the Bobcats (13-11, 4-6 Mid-American Conference), who hit a season-high 14 of 23 3-pointers (60.9 percent) in the win. The Broncos finished just 8 of 23 from long range (34.8 percent).
Kenneth Van Kempen finished with 12 points and D.J. Cooper added 11 for Ohio.
Western Michigan got a pair of early 3s for a 6-2 lead, but Freeman hit his first 3-pointer of the game for Ohio, sparking a 10-0 run, and the Bobcats didn't trail again.
Ohio led by 20 points at halftime and held on despite being outscored by the Broncos 49-45 in the second.
Martelle McLemore tied his career high with 24 points for the Broncos (13-11, 5-6).
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Missouri tops Western Michigan, extends home streak Dec 15
- Tigers hope to continue perfect run against visiting Broncos Dec 15
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12