Creighton defeats Indiana State 65-52Feb 10, 2010 - 3:24 AM OMAHA, Neb.(AP) -- Kenny Lawson scored nine of his game-high 17 points as Creighton opened the second half with a 21-8 run to pull away from injury-plagued Indiana State for a 65-52 win Tuesday night.
Lawson, who also grabbed 10 rebounds, was the only player to score in double figures for the Bluejays (13-12), who remained tied for third with Illinois State in the Missouri Valley at 8-6.
Creighton raced to a 17-6 lead and never led the Sycamores closer than five the rest of the way. The Bluejays had a season-low five turnovers.
Carl Richard had 15 points for Indiana State (14-11, 6-8), which was without three of its top four scorers - Harry Marshall, Dwayne Lathan and Jake Kelly - due to injury. The Sycamores missed 11 of their first 13 shots from the field and didn't top the 20-point mark until the final minute of the first half.
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 52
CREIGHTON 65 FINAL
Feb 9 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 24
CREIGHTON 31 HALFTIME
Feb 9 8:52 PM
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Butler slips past Creighton Feb 17