Illinois State edges Bradley 62-61Feb 10, 2010 - 4:30 AM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Jackie Carmichael scored 12 points, including a rebound basket with 49 seconds to play for the game's final points as Illinois State rallied to defeat Bradley 62-61 Tuesday night.
The Redbirds (17-8, 8-6), who remained in a tie for third in the Missouri Valley with the victory, trailed almost all the way and were down by as many as 14 points late in the first half. The Braves (12-12, 7-7) scored the first nine points of the game and led 35-25 at the break.
Dinma Odiakosa had 12 points and 15 rebounds for Illinois State, and Austin Hill led the Redbirds with 14 points. The win gave Illinois State its first season sweep of Bradley in eight years.
Sam Maniscalco led all scorers with 17 points for Bradley. Taylor Brown added 13 points.
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14