Schneider leads William & Mary past Delaware 67-54Feb 11, 2010 - 2:19 AM WILLIAMSBURG, Va.(AP) -- David Schneider scored 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead William & Mary to a 67-54 win over Delaware on Wednesday night.
Marcus Witt finished with 13 points and Quinn McDowell added 11 for the Tribe (17-7, 9-5 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won two games in a row.
William & Mary, which shot 51.2 percent from the floor (21-for-41), held a 12-point lead early in the second half until the Blue Hens cut the margin to 53-50 on a free throw by Adam Pegg with 6:38 to play.
But the Tribe answered with nine straight points, led by Schneider's four points, to build a 62-50 advantage with 3:54 left. Delaware (6-18, 2-11) could not get closer than 10 the rest of the way.
Jawan Carter led the Blue Hens with a game-high 17 points and six assists. Alphonso Dawson had 12 points and Jamelle Hagins pulled down 10 rebounds.
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20