Old Dominion clamps down on James Madison 64-44Feb 11, 2010 - 2:48 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Gerald Lee scored 18 points and Old Dominion continued to play strong defense in a 64-44 victory over James Madison on Wednesday night.
The Monarchs (19-7, 11-3 Colonial Athletic Association), who entered third nationally against scoring at 55.6 points per game, held a team below 50 points for the 11th time this season.
Lee scored 11 first-half points, including two layups in the final 53 seconds that gave Old Dominion a 40-21 lead.
The Monarchs, who remained a game behind conference leader Northeastern, shot 51.5 percent (17-for-33) in the first half, including 5-for-10 on 3-pointers. The Dukes (10-15, 3-11) shot 36 percent (9-for-25) before halftime.
Darius James added 12 points and Ben Finney 11 for Old Dominion.
Denzel Bowles had 14 points and 10 rebounds for James Madison, and Pierre Curtis had two assists to become the Dukes' career assists leader with 422.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14