NC Central edges Md.-Eastern Shore 73-71Feb 11, 2010 - 3:07 AM DURHAM, N.C.(AP) -- C.J. Wilkerson hit two free throws with 9 seconds left to lift North Carolina Central to a 73-71 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore on Wednesday night.
Wilkerson also hit two free throws to tie the score at 71 with 1:15 remaining and finished with 21 points, going 4-for-4 from the line. Dijon Manns scored 24 points to lead the Eagles (6-20) to their second consecutive win.
Hillary Haley missed a 3-pointer with 2 seconds left for Maryland-Eastern Shore (7-17).
Haley's 3-pointer gave the Hawks a 71-69 lead with 1:28 left, but Wilkerson hit the first pair of free throws to tie it.
Neither team could hold a nine-point lead. N.C. Central led 15-6 in the first half, and Maryland-Eastern Shore took a 51-42 lead on Mark Robertson's 3-pointer with 13:47 left.
Nick Chasten added 11 points for the Eagles.
Haley finished with 16 points and Tim Burns had 12 for the Hawks.
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 71
NC CENTRAL 73 FINAL
Feb 10 9:02 PM
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 31
NC CENTRAL 37 HALFTIME
Feb 10 7:54 PM
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16