Miami (Ohio) heats up, beats Toledo 55-47Feb 11, 2010 - 3:53 AM OXFORD, Ohio(AP) -- Kenny Hayes scored 14 points and Anthony Ballard 13 to lead Miami (Ohio), which came on strong in the second half for a 55-47 victory over Toledo on Wednesday night.
The RedHawks (11-13, 8-3 Mid-American Conference), who moved into a tie with idle Akron for second in the league's East Division, a game behind Kent State, trailed 21-18 after a first half in which they shot 32 percent (8-for-25).
Miami found the range in the second, however, shooting 68.8 percent (11-for-16) to get past the Rockets (3-22, 0-11). Ballard made all four of his second-half shots.
Justin Anyijong led the Rockets with 16 points, 13 in the first half, but he was 0-for-4 from the field in the second.
After a first half in which neither team made a free throw, with Miami missing the only two attempts awarded, the RedHawks were 14-for-22 from the line in the second half and Toledo 9-for-10.
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4