Stephen F. Austin defeats Northwestern State 69-59Feb 11, 2010 - 3:03 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Eddie Williams scored 18 points as Stephen F. Austin defeated Northwestern State, 69-59, in Southland Conference play on Wednesday night.
Stephen F. Austin (17-6, 7-3) dominated Northwestern State (7-15, 2-7) on the glass, outrebounding the Demons 50-32. The Lumberjacks collected more offensive rebounds (26) than defensive rebounds (24).
Jereal Scott and Jordan Glynn each had a double-double for the Lumberjacks. Scott had 14 points and 10 rebounds, while Glynn had 11 points and 10 rebounds. Orren Tims had 11 rebounds and eight points off the bench.
Will Pratt led the Demons with 24 points. He was 10 of 17 from the floor. William Mosely recorded a double-double with 11 rebounds and 10 points.
The Lumberjacks led 28-27 at half. With 1:42 left in the game the Lumberjacks led 61-58, they would go on a 8-1 run to end the game and take their largest lead of the night at 10 points.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21