Hargrove's 24 leads Auburn past Georgia 82-63Feb 11, 2010 - 4:19 AM By JOHN ZENOR AP Sports Writer
AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- Lucas Hargrove matched his season-high with 24 points and had 11 rebounds to lead Auburn to an 82-63 victory over Georgia on Wednesday night.
The Tigers (12-12, 3-6 Southeastern Conference) ran away with the matchup of two of the three SEC teams who entered the week with losing records. Both teams had lost six of their last eight games.
But the Bulldogs came out sloppy and piled up 19 turnovers, while Auburn committed just nine. Auburn's first two SEC wins had come by a total of five points, while the Bulldogs (10-12, 2-7) suffered their worst SEC loss this season.
They shot just 37 percent (19 of 52).
Tay Waller had 16 points, DeWayne Reed 12 and Frankie Sullivan 11 for Auburn.
Leslie Travis led Georgia with 19 points and a career-high 17 rebounds. Dustin Ware added 10 points. Leading scorer Trey Thompkins had just six points and four rebounds.
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Georgia bracing for road trips to LSU and No. 17 Baylor Jan 25
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21
- Georgia looking for turnaround following ugly loss to Aggies Jan 19