Johnson's 3-point play lifts Nevada by Idaho 67-66Feb 11, 2010 - 6:43 AM MOSCOW, Idaho(AP) -- Armon Johnson hit a layup and a free throw with 2.9 seconds left to lift Nevada past Idaho 67-66 on Wednesday night.
Johnson led the Wolf Pack (14-9, 6-4 Western Athletic) with 23 points, while Luke Babbitt added 21.
Johnson sank a 3-pointer with 19 seconds left to tie the game 64-64. Mac Hopson then hit two free throws with 6.2 seconds left to give the Vandals (11-12, 3-8) a 66-64 lead.
Johnson took the inbound pass, wove through traffic and went for the layup, drawing a foul from Kashif Watson and winning the game at the line.
Hopson led Idaho with 17 points.
Idaho came back from a 42-28 deficit at the half and led 59-54 with about 5 minutes to go. The Vandals outscored Nevada 38-25 in the second half.
- NCAA BB
IDAHO 66 FINAL
Feb 11 1:05 AM
- NCAA BB
IDAHO 28 HALFTIME
Feb 10 11:50 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8
- Adams, LaVine power UCLA past Nevada Nov 29