Robert Morris 69, Cent. Connecticut St. 60Feb 12, 2010 - 4:15 AM NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) -- Karon Abraham scored 16 points and Rob Robinson added 14 points to lead Robert Morris to a 69-60 victory over Central Connecticut State on Thursday night.
Robert Morris (17-9, 12-1 Northeast Conference) opened the second half on a 12-4 run to pull away from Central Connecticut State (9-15, 6-7), which had won four straight.
The Colonials took advantage of two scoring droughts for its 10th win in its past 11 games.
The Blue Devils went without a field goal for 9:30 in the first half as a two-point lead turned into a 12-point deficit.
In the second half, the Blue Devils went scoreless for nearly 7 minutes as Robert Morris built a 55-38 lead.
The Colonials shot 58.3 percent from the field (14-for-24) in the first half and finished at 50 percent (26 of 52).
Shemik Thompson scored 16 points and Markeys Deans and Joe Efese added 14 points each for the Blue Devils.
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10