Fairleigh Dickinson defeats Wagner 70-65Feb 12, 2010 - 3:32 AM HACKENSACK, N.J.(AP) -- Sean Baptiste scored 26 points and Fairleigh Dickinson rallied past Wagner 70-65 on Thursday night.
Baptiste scored six of his team's final nine points as the Knights (9-17, 8-5 Northeast Conference) made a 9-2 run to end the game.
With the Knights trailing 63-61 with 4:08 to play, Baptiste hit a jumper, then made a steal and scored on a layup to give his team a 65-63 lead with 2:51 to go. After two free throws by Wagner's Doug Elwell cut the lead to 67-65, Baptiste hit a basket with 21 seconds remaining to seal the victory.
Wagner (4-22, 2-11) led 33-29 at halftime and built a 13-point lead at 52-39 with 13:45 to play after a 3-pointer by Danny Mundweiler. But the Knights went on a 22-8 run to grab a 61-60 lead with 4:28 to play.
Mundweiler scored 18 points, Tyler Murray added 17 and Elwell had 12 for the Seahawks, who lost their third straight game.
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 70 FINAL
Feb 11 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 29 HALFTIME
Feb 11 7:51 PM
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19
- Miller seeks milestone win as Wildcats host Knights Nov 18