Western Kentucky defeats Arkansas State 79-68Feb 12, 2010 - 3:31 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- A.J. Slaughter and Sergio Kerusch each scored 21 points to lead Western Kentucky to a 79-68 victory over Arkansas State on Thursday night.
Western Kentucky (14-12, 7-6 Sun Belt Conference) led 40-32 after the first half.
The Red Wolves (14-10, 9-4) battled throughout the second half, but were unable to cut the Hilltoppers' lead to less than eight.
Slaughter scored 15 of his points in the second half and added a game-high seven assists. Jeremy Evans had 13 points and nine rebounds, and Steffphon Pettigrew added 11 points.
The Hilltoppers shot 51.8 percent from the field (29-for-56), compared to Arkansas State's 42.2 percent (27-for-64).
Western Kentucky led by as many as 15 points.
The Red Wolves' bench outscored the Hilltoppers' bench 27-7.
Brandon Reed led Arkansas State with 20 points and Daniel Bryant contributed 15 off the bench.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Kuric, Louisville win big over Arkansas State Nov 22
- Red Wolves pay visit to seventh-ranked Cardinals Nov 22
- Memphis survives Arkansas State in OT Dec 2
- Troy recovers to defeat Western Kentucky 54-48 Mar 8
- Western Kentucky rallies late for 65-64 victory Mar 7
- Arkansas State defeats Arkansas-Little Rock 89-82 Mar 7
- Western Kentucky rolls 83-58 in Sun Belt tourney Mar 6
- Stephen F. Austin holds off Arkansas State 54-49 Mar 3
- Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas State Feb 27