Middle Tennessee beats Denver 57-50Feb 12, 2010 - 4:16 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- Montarrio Haddock took the offense on his shoulders, scoring 22 points as the lone Middle Tennessee State player in double figures in a 57-50 win over Denver on Thursday night.
Haddock also pulled down six boards, went 5-for-5 from the foul line and hit a 3-pointer for the Blue Raiders (15-11, 10-4 Sun Belt Conference).
James Washington hit two 3s for the Blue Raiders, who finished 4-for-8 from long range (50 percent) compared to just a 5-for-20 mark (25 percent) for the Pioneers. Middle Tennessee also outrebounded Denver 32-26 and outscored the Pioneers 11-2 on second-chance points.
The Pioneers led 29-21 early in the second half, but Calvin O'Neil's jumper and J.T. Sulton's dunk sparked a 20-5 run for the Blue Raiders. They led the rest of the way.
Nate Rohnert scored 13 points for the Pioneers (14-10, 7-6) and Chase Hallam added 12.
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29