Louisiana-Monroe edges Arkansas-Little Rock 67-64Feb 12, 2010 - 4:11 AM LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- Rudy Turner had 20 points and eight rebounds to lead Louisiana-Monroe to a 67-64 victory against Arkansas-Little Rock on Thursday night.
With the Warhawks (11-14, 6-8 Sun Belt) leading 65-64 with 11 seconds remaining, Kenneth Averette made a pair of pressure free throws. Arkansas-Little Rock (7-17, 3-10) got a good look at a 3-point shot in the final seconds, but Matt Mouzy's attempt was off the mark.
Dynile Forbes added 16 points and Lawrence Gilbert 10 for Louisiana-Monroe.
Alex Garcia-Mendoza and Solomon Bozeman had 15 points and six rebounds apiece for the Trojans. Mouzy scored 13 points.
The game featured eight ties and 16 lead changes.
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 67
UALR 64 FINAL
Feb 11 10:11 PM
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 22
UALR 24 HALFTIME
Feb 11 8:56 PM
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14