Ohio defeats Central Michigan 89-76Feb 12, 2010 - 3:58 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Armon Bassett scored 25 points and DeVaughn Washington added 24 in Ohio's 89-76 win over Central Michigan on Thursday night.
The Bobcats (14-11, 5-6 Mid-American Conference) led 40-37 at halftime, but the Chippewas (11-12, 6-5) pulled within one point on Brandon Ford's layup with 14 minutes to go.
The Bobcats then went on a 13-2 run and led 64-52 on Bassett's 3 with 10:27 left.
Ohio led by as many as 79-63 on Washington's free throws with 3:39 remaining.
Washington made a career-high 14 free throws out of 19 attempts as Ohio was 35 of 48 from the foul line (72.9 percent).
The Bobcats shot 57.1 percent in the second half (12 of 21), compared to 31.6 percent shooting (12 of 38) by the Chippewas after halftime.
Robbie Harman had a career-high 31 points and nine 3-pointers for Eastern Michigan. Harman became the school's all-time leader in 3s with 208.
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16
- Ohio U cancels basketball game amid campus scare Jan 30
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29