Wisconsin-Green Bay snags 64-62 win over DetroitFeb 12, 2010 - 2:42 AM DETROIT(AP) -- Rahmon Fletcher scored 16 points, including the go-ahead layup with about two minutes left, to lift Wiscosin-Green Bay to a 64-62 win over Detroit on Thursday night.
Fletcher made it 61-60 with the fastbreak layup after teammate Seth Evans stole the ball from Detroit's Woody Payne with 2:11 to go.
The Phoenix (16-10, 8-6 Horizon) then strengthened their lead with a free throw by Evans and two by Randy Berry to make it 64-60.
Eli Holman sank a layup for the Titans (15-11, 7-7) with 42 seconds left, but that was as close as they would get. Another steal by Evans in the final seconds clinched the game for the Phoenix.
Berry finished with 11 points for Green Bay, while Rian Pearson came off the bench to score 10. Evans added six.
Thomas Kennedy and Chase Simon each scored 15 points for the Titans. Xavier Keeling added 14 points and grabbed 13 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 64
DETROIT 62 FINAL
Feb 11 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 29
DETROIT 24 HALFTIME
Feb 11 7:55 PM
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- No. 3 Wisconsin cruises past Green Bay Nov 20