Florida Gulf Coast beats Jacksonville 68-62Feb 12, 2010 - 3:59 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Ben Smith scored 24 points and Jacksonville snapped a two-game losing streak with a 68-62 win over Florida Gulf Coast on Thursday night.
Ayron Hardy finished with 11 points and six rebounds for the Dolphins (15-10, 11-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who trailed 31-28 halftime but were able to hold on late to snap a two-game losing streak.
Jacksonville was outshot by the Eagles (4-12, 7-18), who went 24-for-46 from the floor (52.2 percent) compared to the Dolphins' 44.4 percent shooting (24-for-54) from the field.
But Jacksonville made its shots from long range, hitting eight 3-pointers. The Dolphins never trailed after Travis Cohn's 3-pointer, which put them ahead 54-52 with 5:28 to play.
Anthony Banks led Florida Gulf Coast with 24 points, while Eddie Murray and Sherwood Brown each had 10 points.
The Eagles have lost five in a row.
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 62
JACKSONVILLE 68 FINAL
Feb 11 9:21 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 31
JACKSONVILLE 28 HALFTIME
Feb 11 8:17 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Dooley tabbed as FGCU men's basketball coach Apr 17
- Cinderella's run ends; Gators oust FGCU Mar 30